Whether clearing the mind, resting your body, bonding with family or enjoying active pursuits is your goal, cruising is a great choice.
- Great Value – Planning a vacation is stressful enough, and staying on top of your budget and spending can be overwhelming. Keep yourself sane and book a cruise vacation with great value. For one price up front, your dining, accommodations, entertainment, and transportation between destinations are all included. All you have to do is bring some spending money for excursions, and maybe a relaxing spa treatment!
- Convenience – Everything you need is on your ship. Don’t worry about your hotel, where you are going for dinner, or what you will do for entertainment. Best of all, you only have to unpack once. Cruises give you the opportunity to travel from one destination to another without having to pack and unpack your suitcase. All of your belongings stay safe in your cabin and you don’t have to worry about dragging around your luggage to the next destination.
- Stress-Free Planning – As mentioned earlier, planning a vacation can be extremely stressful. That being said, forget the stress of planning every detail of your vacation. Take a cruise and have your itinerary planned out for you. All you have to do is pack, then hop on your ship and enjoy the activities, dining and entertainment the ship has laid out for you.
- Family Bonding – Between school, work, and dozens of other everyday happenings, it’s extremely difficult to set time aside for a family vacation. Cruising is a healthy option, it gives your family the opportunity to enjoy each other’s company, create new memories and have fun together.
- Relaxation – Enjoy a cocktail and a good book by the pool or book a balcony suite for private time to rejuvenate and relax. Either way, cruises give you the opportunity to relax and escape the stresses of everyday life. Relaxation gives the heart rest by slowing the heart rate, reducing blood pressure, and decreasing muscle tension. This will lead to a better night’s sleep, enhanced concentration, and amped up energy.
- Staying Active – In addition to on-board fitness facilities, cruise ships offer exciting ways to stay active, but activities vary. Some offer basketball courts, while others have mini golf and obstacle courses. Let’s not forget about the thrilling water activities! Swim laps in giant swimming pools, take up a new water sport on a shore excursion and enjoy the thrill of a water slide.
- Socialize – Cruises give you the opportunity to meet new people from around the world. Experience different cultures and even make some lifelong friends. Meet people at dinner, at the bar, by the pool, or during an exciting excursion. Find a workout buddy to keep you motivated and hit up the top deck running track together. If you’re single, keep yourself open to meeting someone looking for a significant other, as cruises offer numerous romantic options.
- Variety of Foods – Healthy food options have become increasingly common on cruise ships. Travelers can opt for lighter plated choices to accommodate every diet from gluten-free and low-carb to vegan and buffets that are full of locally-sourced fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.
- Sunshine and Fresh Air – Whether you are laying out by the pool or swimming with the dolphins on an excursion, you are constantly placing yourself in the sun. The health benefits of the sun are endless.
- Whether you’re climbing to the top of the ship or stepping off and heading to the beach, a cruise is your passport to fresh ocean air. Breathing it in helps improve your mood, clean your lungs, increase your energy, strengthen your immune system and boost brainpower. But most of all, breathing in fresh air improves your mood.
- Safe – Cruises are some of the safest vacations you can take. Cruise Critic explains, “cruise ships that sail in U.S. waters are regularly inspected by the U.S. Coast Guard for any irregularities or safety issues that might be of concern.” Also, on board activities are supervised, there is security, passengers are tracked, no unauthorized persons are allowed onboard, and doctors are available just in case sickness spreads or injury occurs. Also, there is no need to worry about theft because your cabins are equipped with in room safes to store your personal belongings.
Let an experienced Acendas Travel Advisor plan your next healthy and relaxing cruise. Learn more about our team here.