For those in the Kansas City area, Acendas Travel is sponsoring a Global Entry Enrollment Interview Event, December 6 – 8 at its offices in Mission, Kan. Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Global Entry also qualifies the traveler for domestic TSA Pre-Check, so there is no need to sign up for both. There is an enrollment vetting process that includes a background check and an in-person interview before the traveler is accepted into the program.
Steps to Enroll for Global Entry Status
If you are interested in enrolling for global entry status, follow the below instructions. The vetting process takes approximately 4-6 weeks. The enrollment event is scheduled for December 6 – 8.
- Please enroll in Global Entry by accessing the Customs and Border Protection website. There is a $100 fee for a five-year membership.
- There are a variety of Trusted Traveler programs, please enroll into Global Entry only. Do not apply for Nexus or Sentri
- After completing the online registration, you will receive a Global Entry PASS ID number that begins with the number “9”. Please retain that number for important correspondence with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- After completing registration, your application will then be vetted for membership into the program. This is a “Trusted Traveler” program, and there are strict standards as far as who may enroll successfully into the program. Generally, an applicant may have one misdemeanor conviction greater than ten years ago and be a member. This excludes certain crimes such as drug convictions, etc. If the applicant does have a misdemeanor conviction less than ten years ago, CBP will require the applicant to provide a certified court disposition in order to be approved. If the applicant has more than one misdemeanor conviction or a felony conviction, they are not permitted into the program. There is no refund for denied applicants.
- Once your information has been vetted successfully, you will receive an e-mail stating you have been “conditionally approved” into the Global Entry program. The message will inform you to now make an online appointment. Please call Sheryl Swank at 913-671-7700, ext. 3060 to make the appointment. You will need to provide your name, company name and your PASS ID number. If you are notified of being conditionally approved more than 30 days prior to December 6, you MUST make a ghost appointment at the CBP’s O’Hare Facility via the GOES system, OR, you will lose your conditional approval and your application.
- Appointments to finish the Global Interview process take approximately 15 minutes. You will be photographed and fingerprinted to match the Global Entry kiosk information and asked a series of security questions by a CBP Officer. After the enrollment, you will be a member of Global Entry and can utilize the membership as soon as possible.
- Please be sure to bring your passport and driver’s license to the interview.
- After the Global Entry membership is complete, you will receive instructions on how to use the Global Entry PASS ID number in order to access the TSA PreCheck program.
The CBP requires 175 applicants to be approved and signed up for the interview event. If that minimum is not met, the event will be rescheduled. Therefore, if you wish to enroll in the program, it is important for you to complete your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please go to the Customs and Border Protection website. Please feel free to contact Sheryl Swank at 913-671-7700, ext. 3060 or email@example.com if you have any further questions.